Friday 4 September 2015

somewhere else



ok first off I think most people can agree that it is pretty difficult to choose just one place you'd like to visit. I believe people are curious by nature, and right now we live in a context that allows us to know so much, to grasp the idea of places we would have never heard of if it wasn't for the connections we've managed to make thanks to technology, that those natural urges induced by curiosity are inflamed even more. 
in accordance to that way of thinking, there are many places i'd like to meet, all of them very different from one another, which makes it really frustrating for me to find an answer to the questions posed (even more so because they look really simple).
i guess i will choose one based on how soon i think i might actually get to go, so i'll say Peru, since it's close by and it has an amazing culture to bask in. there are plenty of well known places to go marvel at, from Machu Picchu to the Gold Museum, and even more places to go eat to your heart's content. I would also love to explore the less known historical remnants of the Incan empire, as well as the art scene of the cities. However i don't think i'd stay there for a living, since it wouldn't feel as a challenge to my current views. If i were to choose a country to study or live at for some time, i'd prefer somewhere that has a world view very different to mine.




4 comments:

  1. I went to Machu Picchu when I was child, and I have good memories of that place! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh i'd like to visit Peru too, i've heard that is and amazing city to go to, and i think is necessary to know more of the Peru culture

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Machu Picchu must be beautiful, I have never been there, but I would like to go there some day...it is a mystical place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to read about you interesting about Perú. The last summer I went to Machu Picchu and every year I go to Tacana with my north family :)

    ReplyDelete