Friday 20 November 2015

all around me are familiar faces worn out places

There are many places i like in this city, but none that i feel particularly strong about. I mean, i love many places, like plaza de maipú, plaza de armas, the eurocentro, rosas street, balmaceda arte joven, the la moneda cultural center, the diana games from merced, etc. but it's not as if any of those is my favorite place, i mean, some of those i don't even frequent. What i like about places in general is when they have distinct athmopsheres, like when you can tell it's a lived-in place, where people don't only work or sleep, but enjoy. This is something that usually happens in places that work as hubs for people in their free time, because you can see what they do for leisure and how they interact with the environment, and even after the people are gone you can still feel like, the pulsations of the place? i don't know. On the other hand, I also like places that are derelict, and have been reclaimed by everyone and no one. Near my current home there are many places like this: empty lots, abandoned buisness, half-demolished stores (recently a completely burnt one!) and half-built streets full of rubble,  and all of these spaces have been tagged and painted by street artists, or used by kid skater gangs and the like. I feel like it might sound like i live in a wasteland, but it's not like that, because despite that all my neighbourhood is always brimming with people, because it's a really commercial area. I guess that's what i like about those places, that even when everything moves so fast and there is so much people, the "abandoned" places remain calm, but not  lonely because they are full of reminders of the people who do reclaim them.

(i answered only about 2 questions, sorry teach :'))

3 comments:

  1. I am agree, I also look for places that have a distinct atmosphere..!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm in love with your point of view jaja I've never thought in that way! I'm going to start looking for more places in my city!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think like you, because the principal factor for to love any place is the atmosphere and that the people feel good when be there.

    ReplyDelete