Friday 23 October 2015

shower me in gifts, thanks

ok so this is just creepy because just the other day i had been thinking like "what if we had to write about the best present we've received in the english blog". I literally sat in my bed thinking what would i write if the question ever came up and now im like ???? ?? ? ? ? the good part is i already have my answer but ??????????????
At the time, my conclusion was that the best present i had ever received was one from about three years ago on my birthday. I was still at high school at the time, and since im a June child my birthday fell right in the peak of the student mobilization. The school was in strike at the time, and that particular day there was an assembly, then votes, then the public counting of the votes. Everything was a little chaotic, and since i was part of the student council I didn't really got to hang with my friends much, but one of them showed up at the assembly and gave me a cute tote bag with a medium sized cardboard box inside of it, which was decorated with a puffy ribbon made out of newspaper and the face of piñera glued into it. Right from the start everything about the gist was great, but she told me not to open it right there, because she doesn't like to see people reacting to her presents. So i waited until the day relaxed a little, and when i was having lunch with the rest of the student council i opened the box, and the fist thing i saw was a HUGE pair of like, anime eyes. She had gotten me a little mamegotchi plushie, which is the main mascot you can get when playing with tamagotchis, and at the time it was a really nice gesture because even tho i didn't talk much about my love for them, i drew a lot of those little guys in class, and apparently she had noticed and found the toy while thrifting in bandera! But it wasn't the only thing, and when i pulled out the plushie there was a tupperware under it, so i lifted it as well and realized it was full of little pink butts (i love butts as a concept), which was great. Turned out they were cookies, so i found myself with a handful of butter-flavored edible pink butts. Finally, i pulled out a square of paper form the box, but before i could even register what it was, something glued to the bottom of it caught my attention. It was like, a bust of Willy sabor from the doña carne ads, but the face had been folded over itself, so his eyes were directly above his big, grinning mouth, and his catchphrase "Su vecina mas rica" had been replaced with "Feliz cumpleanos feñita". I've always hated everything about willy sabor as a character so obviously my friend's gesture was completely sweet and heartwarming.
Right now, the mamegotchi rests atop of my shelf with an assortment of marine themed plushies, the paper rectangle turned out to be a drawing that's now taped into my dresser, the willy sabor cutout is pinned to my cork board, and the cookies are in their rightful place among the fallen.

4 comments:

  1. its nice when someone gives you something you like, but you didnt know they knew you would like it

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tamagotchis was great xD in our times at least... the evolution of a tamagotchi right now is the "Pou" (for smartphones) haha, it's very funny

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is really funny my friend! that is a really elaborated gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is really funny my friend! that is a really elaborated gift!

    ReplyDelete